In spite of such destruction of the factory, the republic, which already started renovating, was already waiting for products - the houses needed furniture. They organized production of stools and tables - those were of primary importance. The items were assembled manually, because at that time the only operating machinery were the cutting tool and the trimming tool. Altogether that year they produced 453 stools and 65 tables. At that time 168 workers were employed at the factory.
By the end of February, 1946 17 lumbering machine tools were installed in the machinery shop on the assembly line, developed for ski production, and that same month first skis were produced in Heliulia. In March the factory produced its first chairs. By April a new product type was developed - a table with inside drawers. Increasing the restoration rates, the factory grew, and the village grew along with it. The building group, which was restoring the residential area of the village, daily completed 115-120% of the plan; by the end of the year it had provided over 3500 m2 of living space. The village got its school for over 200 students, a kindergarten, a nursing home for 75 babies, a small hospital, a club with a movie machine, a public bath. On April 17th, according to a decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the republic, Heliulia receives the status of a working village. altogether in 1946 they had produced 488 thousand roubles worth of products - 30.5 thousand chairs, 3.4 thousand tables and 3.2 thousand pairs of skis.
The combine workers' houses
The old school